Browse Items (4 total)

Harriet Tubman's tombstone was erected in 1937 by the Empire State Federation of Women's Clubs. The inscription on the front reads: "Harriet Tubman Davis (1820–1913)" on the front. The back of the tombstone features an inscription noting Tubman's…

AME_Zion Church_Auburn.jpg

Harriet Tubman Home for Aged.jpg
Harriet Tubman bought the property in 1896 and, with the help of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, the facility opened in 1908 and would remain in operation until the early 1920s.

Harriet Tubman_Home.jpg
In 1886 Tubman's home was destroyed by fire. Her second husband Nelson Davis, a brick maker, helped rebuild her house, which still stands today.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, mobile-json, omeka-xml, rss2